Podiatry is one of the only health professions designed to focus specifically on a certain area of the body.
Podiatrists are experts in examining, analysing and treating pathologies associated with the lower leg, ankle and feet. All Podiatrists are university-educated health practitioners, with entry to the profession being at either Bachelors or Master’s Degree level.
Our aim at Recover Sports Medicine is to provide you with the most up to date methods of treatment and the highest level of care to ensure you get the safest and fastest results. Podiatrists provide care for a diverse number of issues or problems.
Our services include but are not limited to:
- Treatment of lower leg, ankle and foot pain
- Biomechanical analysis of gait and running technique
- Muscular and Proprioceptive Testing
- Sports injury
- Video treadmill analysis
- Paediatric lower limb Analysis
- Orthotic prescription and Footwear Analysis
- Diabetic Foot care and advice
- Nail surgery
General Foot care including:
Nail cutting, callous debridement, enucleating corns as well as dermatological treatment and advice on conditions such as warts, tinea and other skin or nail infections.
Who can benefit from seeing a podiatrist?
Common Conditions treated by podiatrists include:
- Chronic heel pain (Plantar Fascitiis)
- Shin splints
- Forefoot pain
- Fracture management
- Plantar warts, tinea pedis (athletes foot) and Mycosis (fungal nail)
- Muscular tightness or weakness
- Nerve pain
- Ingrown toenails
- Every appointment is designed to educate you how to move and feel better. All initial podiatry appointments at Recover Sports Medicine are 45 minute consultations.
Cancellation/change of appointment
- We require 24 hours notice otherwise a cancellation fee may apply.