The physiotherapists at Recover Sports Medicine aim to provide excellence in physical therapy of sporting and non-sporting muscle and joint injuries.
RSM Physiotherapists have been trained to assess the underlying causes of joint, muscle, tendinopathy, nerve pain and associated disorders. Along with educating patients about the management of their condition and advise ways to prevent future pain and injury.
High Level Care
Physiotherapists require tertiary level qualifications, with entry to the profession at either the Bachelors, Masters Degree or Doctorate level. Many of the RSM team have post-graduate qualifications, so you can trust that you are receiving elite, up to date treatment.
Physiotherapists utilise numerous techniques in order to relieve pain, restore function and movement and prevent future problems.
A physiotherapy program may include:
- mobilisation of joints
- soft tissue techniques
- dry needling
- elite exercise prescription for the prevention and rehabilitation of injury
- taping to protect joints and injured tissues
- assessment and treatment of postural and spinal alignment
- biomechanical assessment of movements through 3D analysis
- techniques to assist in recovery from training and competition
- retraining of incorrect movement patterns to prevent recurring injuries.
Our physios aim to empower the individual, carer or community through education and the promotion of self-management of health & wellbeing.
Who can benefit from physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy can be applied to many conditions:
- soft tissue injuries
- ankle sprains
- ligament tears
- knee injuries
- groin and pelvic girdle pain
- overuse injuries
- tendon pain
- stress fractures and responses
- running mechanics
- hip pathology, including femoro-acetabular impingement
- and many other pathologies and injuries
- Full assessment of your injury/condition
- Personalised rehabilitation program created as needed
- Physio appointment duration will depend on the practitioner and your condition. Please check with our helpful reception team.
Cancellation/change of appointment
- We require 24 hours notice otherwise a cancellation fee may apply.