The Alter-G: Anti-Gravity Treadmill is a revolutionary medical rehabilitation treadmill with its unique differential air pressure technology, developed by NASA, uses air pressure that provides accurate, safe and comfortable partial weight-bearing therapy while promoting normal gait patterns.
An earlier return to training
This state-of-the-art treadmill uses “unweighting” at anywhere between 20 and 100 percent of your body weight to allow you to walk or run. In many cases this will mean an earlier return to running in the rehabilitation process.
This technology allows your Physiotherapist or Exercise Physiologist at Recover to specifically select the amount of your body weight you will run or walk with. In many cases this will mean an earlier return to running in the rehabilitation process.
Who can benefit from using the Alter-G?
The Alter-G can be utilized by both athletes and the general population, and can assists in rehabilitation post-injury or post-surgery. It is perfect for individuals who suffer from a lower extremity injury, like an ACL reconstruction, hip or foot and ankle injury. Whether someone is post-operative or trying to prevent surgery, the Alter-G can be used to reduce the impact on joints to provide both strength and aerobic conditioning. Even stroke patients can benefit as the treadmill can help retrain their legs and brain with supported movements.
Non-injured athletes have also found ways to utilize the Alter-G before and after endurance events. Runners might consider an Alter-G run to log a few miles without the impact before a marathon, or conversely as a tool for recovery after a long race.
But for runners facing months of injury rehabilitation without logging any miles, the Alter-G provides a way to move again – stimulating both the muscles and the mind toward recovery.
Alter G – Anti Gravity Treadmill
This can be advantageous for those:
- As an athlete, incorporating the Alter-G: Anti-Gravity Treadmill into your training and sports injury rehab programs enables you to:
- Build confidence and achieve a quick and full recovery.
- Prolong your career by giving you a way to build endurance and leg strength without the usual pounding and impact on your body
- Maintain and develop cardiovascular fitness during the rehabilitation process
- Reduce the risk of developing bad habits and maintain your normal gait and biomechanics during rehab
- Run longer and recover faster with less pain
- Gradually progress and easily adjust the intensity of your workout
- Minimize impact that can lead to injury or derail rehab programs
- Work on your technique in a safe environment
Our times on the Alter-G range from 15 – 60 minute sessions according to your needs
Cancellation/change of appointment
We require 24 hours notice otherwise a cancellation fee may apply.